Call us today to see how we can help you be at your best.
With fast changing technology, businesses are changing on how they operate on day-to-day basis. Businesses are moving to fluid work environment where employees have freedom to work from anywhere and be just as productive, there is added security in how data is leveraged, and are looking for a more inclusive and collaborative workplace.
Changing demographics and increased hiring of millennials have totally transformed how business work today. With more and more millennials being hired in the workplace, it is important that business stay advanced in their use of IT and devices they use at work. Millennials are taking advantage of the modern tools to get quality work done faster and increase their productivity. Therefore, it is important for businesses to modernize their workplace and stay in pace with the fast-changing technology.
What is Modern Workplace?
Modern Workplace means modernizing your workplace where employees can work on any device, from anywhere, at anytime and be just as productive as they were working from office. With the help of Modern Workplace tools such as Microsoft M365 which includes Office 365, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, businesses are able to increase their productivity, reduce cost by improving IT infrastructure and improve the work-life balance of their employees. Modern Workplace revolutionizing the way companies perform and the trend is going to continue in the days to come.
Top trends in 2019 and beyond
1. More Collaborative Workforce: With the increase in the use of technologies such as Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams, connectivity and communication between employees has increased dramatically. Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing Microsoft application in the company’s history with over 325,000 organizations using the product since its launch less than two years ago. Expect the trend to continue in the near future as businesses are looking for tools that are more collaborative, saves time on sending and receiving data and is easy to use.
2. Increased Flexibility: According to a study from Intuit, freelancers will comprise 40 percent of the workforce by the year 2020. Freelancers and consultants are going to be the key for businesses if they want to save cost and time. With freelances and consultants and the ability to work from anywhere, anytime increases the risk of security. Therefore, Modern Workplace tools can help your business mitigate the security risks and help you increase flexibility at your workplace. Use of Virtual Desktops are enabling employees to work remotely and enjoy a better work-life balance.
3. Reliance on Artificial Intelligence: AI is the biggest buzzword in the market today creating excitement in how we live and going to live in the future. More and more devices and services are using AI to boost productivity and add more value to the customers. New features in the Microsoft 365 uses the power of AI to help you create innovative content and designs on PowerPoint and Excel.
In the near future more and more companies will rely on AI to gather and analyze data, increase business productivity and add more value to the customers.
4. Advanced Security will be the focal point: Business security is the extremely important to executives at any organization. Be it the CIO, CEO or CFO, business and data security is one of most concerning to all of them. With increased cyber crimes and threats to organizations, and increased use of cloud-based solutions, organizations are investing heavily and will continue in the near future to make sure that your business is safe and secure. Microsoft intelligent cloud and Microsoft Threat Protection, an integrated experience for detection, investigation, and remediation across endpoints, email, documents, identity, and infrastructure in the Microsoft 365 admin console help organizations secure their people, devices, and data.
5. Financial and Mental Wellness will be a priority: Financial and mental health problems are big concerns not only for humans but also for businesses. Financial and mental health is a burden on many humans and it effects the job performances. More and more companies are investing to make sure that employees can talk about financial and mental health issues and take help. To improve business productivity and efficiency, we are going to see many more companies helpn fight the stigma for mental health problems.
The above are some of the trends we are going to see in 2019 and beyond with Modern Workplace. If you want to know how Softlanding and Microsoft can help you modernize your workplace that can revolutionize the way you do business, contact us to learn more.
Call us to Learn More
Sign up today to receive our monthly newsletter with tips, Microsoft funding availabilites, upcoming events and industry news.
Take advantage of this hands-on event that will guide you through Microsoft’s security tools and how to protect your business interests.
Sign-up to our monthly newsletter for valuable insights, workshops/events and funding available for your next project!