In today’s fast-paced workplace environment, technology needs to be robust yet flexible. Microsoft 365 is designed to help you achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security. With numerous apps aimed to improve business and working cohesively together, it is the leading productivity suite for many enterprises.
What is Microsoft 365?
Recently Microsoft Office 365 was rebranded as Microsoft 365 to include many new additions to the productivity suite including Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Stream, Microsoft Forms, and more. This rebranding is all part of a strategy to help organizations boost productivity and continue their path to cloud service adoption.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that provides users with the basic productivity applications necessary to get work done in the modern enterprise. It combines the applications you already know such as the traditional Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, and OneDrive just to name a few, adding Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams as the main communication and collaboration tools.
Microsoft lets you find the right service to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for the entire suite, or just the apps, there’s a solution right for you.
Microsoft 365 Business Basic (formerly Office 365 Business Essentials)
- Best for businesses that need Microsoft Teams and cloud storage. Desktop versions of Office apps not included.
- $5.00 per user per month (annual commitment)
Microsoft 365 Business Standard (formerly Office 365 Business Premium)
- Best for businesses that need Office apps across devices plus business email, cloud file storage, and online meetings and chat.
- $12.50 per user per month (annual commitment)
Microsoft 365 Business Premium (formerly Microsoft 365 Business)
- Best for businesses that need everything included in Business Standard plus advanced cyberthreat protection and device management.
- $20.00 per user per month (annual commitment)
Microsoft 365 Apps (formerly Office 365 Business)
- Best for businesses that need Office apps across devices and cloud file storage. Business email and Microsoft Teams not included.
- $8.25 per user per month (annual commitment)
What are the Key Benefits of Microsoft 365?
- With Microsoft 365, you have the flexibility to scale your business as you grow in a few clicks since it is a subscription-based service that you typically pay on a month-to-month basis.
- One of the greatest benefits of Microsoft 365 is the ability to work from anywhere and from any device as long as you have internet connectivity. You will find it useful if your company has multiple locations and/or remote employees.
- Microsoft 365 enables your team to contribute and edit the same version of a document avoiding multiple copies and getting real-time changes. Additionally, with multi-party HD video, shared calendar, and team chat, your team will always be up to date.
- Microsoft 365 offers numerous built-in security features to keep your organization’s data safe such as email encryption, data loss prevention, mobile device management, and advanced threat analytics (ATA).
Why should you use Microsoft 365?
Workplace collaboration and communication are key components of productivity in the modern workplace. Not only does Microsoft 365 improve personal productivity in the workplace, it also leads to organizational productivity.
Empower your users with the most innovative personal productivity experiences.
- Enable teamwork and simply workflows using Microsoft Teams to collaborate, meet, call and connect to all your business apps
- Stay productive on the go, no matter where you are
- Get more done with AI-enabled tools
Drive business growth and increase efficiency with boosted organizational productivity.
- Harness organizational knowledge by turning data into insight
- Manage all your endpoints to gain visibility across connected devices
- Protect your business with elevated security, managing risk, and meeting compliance standards using the Microsoft cloud.
Adopting cloud-based technology can improve your employees’ ability to collaborate using secure apps they already know and love. Plus, it can help keep your data and system secure.
At Softlanding we help organizations with all components of Microsoft 365: Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Teams, etc. We take the complexity out of deploying and migrating to Microsoft 365 to ensure a smooth transition to the cloud. For more information on how to implement Microsoft 365 within your organization, contact us!