Round Table: The future of the Workplace for Government Agencies
In Canada, the government has adopted a set of standards designed to give government employees greater flexibility in how and where they can work. Known as GCWorkplace, it incorporates the expertise of IT and information management departments, along with human resources, security and facilities.
Now that government agencies have made the short-term rapid transformation to enable remote work, they must now shift to long-term strategy and foster a resilient digital workplace that meets key priorities for the public sector such as local and national regulations, cybersecurity, scalable and flexible technology but that also integrates the element of trust, human touch, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
Join Softlanding & City of Victoria in this 1 hour round table to discuss how government agencies can prepare for the hybrid workplace:
- Introduction & presentation of key takeaways
- Interview of Mike Palmer, CIO at City of Victoria
- Questions and open discussion
- Challenges: Gain an understanding of some old and some new challenges experienced with a modern hybrid/virtual workplace
- Mitigating Risk: Identify risks associated with a hybrid workplace and explore mitigation strategies
- Elements of a Successful Virtual Workplace: Explore what key technology elements are required for a successful hybrid/virtual workplace
- Trends from the Field: Look forward to what are the emerging trends with other organizations and their implementation of the hybrid/virtual workplace
- Zeshan Randhawa, Business Transformation Practice Lead, Softlanding
- Mike Palmer, Chief Information Officer, City of Victoria
Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:00AM PST / 12:00 PM-1:00PM ESTREGISTER
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Join our community of 1,000+ IT professionals, and receive tech tips and Softlanding updates once a month.