Get Started with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)
Azure Multi-factor Authentication, Self-Service Password Reset, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Azure Rights Management, and Microsoft Intune
Softlanding’s Enterprise Mobility and Security QuickStart is a pilot program allowing organizations to quickly evaluate the benefits associated with Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility and Security suite of products (Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory, Azure Rights Management). The offering provides education on the suite, assesses your current needs and deploys the appropriate products in tandem with your team.
Benefits of Enterprise Mobility + Security
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS) is a cloud-based mobile device management solution that unifies access management, device management, and security management to give your teams the freedom to work from anywhere, while giving you the peace of mind that your systems are secure, and can be monitored and managed by your IT department.
Built from a combination of cloud solutions that allow businesses to better manage their mobile devices, apps, and the various user requirements that come with mobile working. Organizations can achieve:
- Identity and Access Mangement with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Mobile Device and Application Management with Microsoft Intune
- Information Protection with Azure Rights Management Service (Azure RMS)
Empower your users
- Enable users to work on the device of their choice. Employees can access corporate applications, data, and resources from virtually anywhere on almost any device while helping to keep corporate information secure.
- Enhanced end-user productivity with self-service and SSO experience. Control identity and access to the cloud with centralized identities for each user across apps, groups, and apps. Users can now manage their own passwords to app and groups with a self-service portal.
- Access company resources consistently across devices. Users can work from any device to access corporate resources regardless of location.
Unify your environment
- Access on-premises and in-the-cloud resources with a common identity. IT can better protect corporate information with simplified management of users across both on-premises and cloud-based applications.
- Unify management of on-premises and cloud-based devices. IT can extend its System Center Configuration Manager infrastructure with Microsoft Intune to support cloud management of devices with a single administration console, where applications can be deployed to users across all their devices.
- Provide comprehensive settings management across platforms. Policies can be applied to various devices and operating systems to meet compliance requirements. IT can provision certificates, VPNs, and Wi-Fi profiles on personal devices within a single administration console.
Help IT protect your data
- Protect corporate information with remote data and application control. IT can access managed mobile devices to remove corporate data and applications in the event that the device is lost, stolen, or retired from use.
- Deliver policy-based access control to corporate applications and data. IT can set policy-based access control for compliance and data protection. Now policy can be wrapped around specific apps to manage how users access and interact with data at an app level so that corporate data is always protected
- Enable selective wipe for lost or stolen devices. IT can selectively and remotely wipe a device, including removing applications and data, management policies and networking profiles. Users can selectively wipe corporate applications and data from their devices.
EMS QuickStart Overview
Get to know the Suite (Day 1)
Education on Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite including:
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
Azure Information Protection (Azure AIP)
Advanced Threat Analytics (Azure ATP)
Cloud App Security
Alignment Strategy (Days 2-3)
- Identification of candidate devices
- Identification of relevant security threats
- Identification of business policies (governance)
- Requirements for targeted pilot program
- Targeted Enterprise Mobility & Security Pilot
- Program based on 25 devices and 3 DCs or 3 users on Azure AD with 3 applications with Single-Sign-On and MFA
- Provision and configure:
- Windows Intune
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Information Protection
- Advanced Threat Analytics
- Cloud App Security